Grand Erie believes that parent involvement is one of the keys to success for students. The purpose of GEPIC (Grand Erie’s Parent Involvement Committee) is to support, encourage and enhance meaningful parent involvement at the Board level and to improve student achievement and well-being.
GEPIC acts as an advisory body an provides and important link between parents and the Board of Trustees as well as the Director of Education. GEPIC helps build parent engagement by providing information and advice to the Board on parent engagement as well as communication with parents.
GEPIC develops strategies and initiatives the Board can use to engage more parents to support their child’s learning at home and at school. GEPIC shares information with, and supports the work of, all school councils.
2016-17 GEPIC Grants: 20
- Anna Melick Memorial School, Thompson Creek Elementary School, Grandview Central Public School, and Fairview Avenue Public School – Social Media Fitness
- Bloomsburg Public School – Supporting Mathematics at Home
- Brantford Collegiate and Vocational School – Adolescents and Anxiety
- Caledonia Centennial Public School – The Great Math Race
- Cedarland Public School – The Amazing Race: Cyclone Edition
- Cobblestone Elementary School and Paris District High School – Parent Session for Student Anxiety
- Delhi Public School – Secrets of Discipline for Parents
- Elgin Avenue Public School – Math Night for Parents and Students
- Grandview Public School – Understanding Mental Health in Children
- Hagersville Elementary School – Haldimand Camp 2
- J. L. Mitchener Public School – Zumba Family Night
- King George School – Are you smarter than a ___ grader?
- Langton School – TALK IT up
- Pauline Johnson Collegiate and Vocational School – Understanding Mental Health
- Port Rowan Public School – Family Science Night
- Princess Elizabeth Public School – The Amazing (Math) Race
- Simcoe Composite School – Health and Wellness for Everybody
- Teeterville Public School – Community Engagement Mural: Phase One of Community Hub Learning Commons Project
- Walpole North Elementary School – Family Math Night
- West Lynn Public School – Social Media: How to participate safely and enjoy it!