Director and Superintendents
The Director of Education has been formerly recognized as the educational leader and chief executive officer of the school board, responsible to the board for the administration of the school system through his or her staff.
According to the Ministry of Education, Directors of Education are required to:
- Develop and implement plans to achieve the school board's strategic goals;
- Report regularly to the board on the implementation of the board's goals;
- Make recommendations to the board on improving student achievement;
- Implement policies and directives of the board;
- Direct and monitor all operations of the school board in a manner consistent with the strategic direction and operational objectives approved by the board;
- Advise the board if, in the director of education's opinion, the board's decisions or actions are not consistent with legislation;
- Inform the board of trustees of relevant issues, including those that may be contentious;
- Hire, allocate, and manage the performance of staff in a manner consistent with the board's goals;
- Manage the administration of the corporation.
Brenda Blancher is Grand Erie District School Board's Director of Education. This is her first year sitting as director for Grand Erie.
Some of her responsibilities include:
- Leading Executive Council
- Producing content for the Multi-Year Plan, Ministry and Annual Reports, and Board Agendas
- Overseeing Aboriginal and Compensatory Education
- Overseeing Parent Engagement, GEPIC and School Councils
- Secretary to the Board: Trustees, Chairs, presidents council and student senate
- Active in Communications, Community Engagement and Education Week.